empowerWOMENt : Successful Entrepreneurial Empowerment for Women in start up business
24 months : 2016 –2018
The EmpowerWOMENtproject is being implemented by a transnational Consortium of 8 partners :
Ankara Provincial Directorate for Family and Social Policies (coordinator, Turkey)
University of Grazi, deparment of women studies (Turkey),
FH Joanneum University of Applied Studies (Austria),
Fondazione Risorsa Donna (Italy),
Association Working with Europe Treballant amb Europa (Spain),
IEBA Centro de initiativas empresareais e sociais (Portugal),
Asociatia Pentru Participare Cetatenesca (Romania),
The focus in empowerWOMENt is on women in the start-up phases of running their own business (2-3 years) and meeting their training needs.
The project aims to design and pilot such ecosystems in different partner countries, and to produce case based guidance to other European communities.
The results of the empowerWOMENt are a significantly increased sustainability of the involved start-up women’s business, the creation or reinforcement of local and virtual eco-systems of support and the production of high quality guidance and support to groups of start-up women across Europe:
1. Further qualify the women’s entrepreneurial skills and knowledge
2. Strengthen women’s identity, encourage women to take new paths, work on different role models, reconciliation of family and career
3. Creation of the empowerWOMENt open virtual platform
4. Women’s Voices – video interviews with start-up women
5. The transnational women’s workshop
6. Start-up women’s training material
7. Local empowerWOMENt WORKSHOPS
8. Local empowerWOMENt events
Background and Objectives
Women in entrepreneurship are a great source for growth in Europe. However they need different approaches than men as they might choose different business areas and work differently. Many women like to include social values in their work. This is why we need entrepreneurial ecosystems for women, based on their own life experiences and value systems.
In this context ecosystem means communities of support structures, mutual help and networking resources put at the service of entrepreneurial women - an interactivity creating its own self-sustaining ecology. The project aims to design and pilot such ecosystems in different partner countries, and to produce case based guidance to other European communities.
The core mission is to empower entrepreneurial women to create such eco-systems themselves in support of consolidating and expanding their business.
Local Target Groups
- Primary target group: entrepreneurial women in fragile and often difficult business (products or services) start-up situations (1-3 years) and in need of support measures including local and virtual eco-systems
-Secondary target group : experienced and successful entrepreneurial women offering inspiration and practical useful guidance
-Tertiary target group: existing, emerging or new local eco-systems of support in the partner communities, including entrepreneurial drivers and enablers in the community
European Target Groups
- Primary target group and beneficiaries: similar start-up groups of women across Europe, including existing or emerging eco-systems of support
-Secondary target group : European audience of entrepreneurial learning, including professionals, researchers and a wider community of stakeholders
-Tertiary target group : European policy-makers and funding programmers in the fields of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial learning
These target groups are built up along the project progression, based on the dissemination of project outcomes.