Game-based approach towards moderating screen time
Project duration: 01/06/2020 – 31/05/2022 (24 months)
- E-Juniors, France
- Asociación Valencia Inno Hub, Spain
- Asserted Knowledge Omorrythmos Etaireia, Greece
- The Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Civic Computing Limited, UK
- Rightchallenge Associação, Portugal
The project aims at empowering young people (16-25 years old) to deal effectively with situations concerning excessive preoccupation with Internet or screen abuse, equipping them with the skills and the methodological tools to modify maladaptive computer behavior for healthy computer use
GameOFF has as primary objective to produce approaches and tools to help those working with young people reach out to them with a view to help them adopt a balanced approach to technology use by gaining a deeper understanding and interpretation of causes, risks, and effects of constant online commitment and by identifying and reacting to addictive formulas.
In order to achieve its goal, GameOFF will create an innovative serious game to help users implement a withdrawal/reduction and prevention strategy by offering a personalized and easy to use environment. Two main steps are foreseen:
- In the first year of the project, the development of the training approach and the game storyboard, based on the identification of user profiles and the elaboration of the training needs.
- In the second year, the development of the serious game, that will materialize the training methodology of the project and will help trainers to support the young people in their journey towards screen time moderation