Teddy Bears in Pairs – E-learning with grandchildren
Coordinator : Powiat Mikolowski (Poland)
LJUDSKA UNIVERZA AJDOVSCINA (Slovenia)
FUNDACIÓN ARANJUEZ PAISAJE CULTURAL (Spain)
South Europe Youth Forum (Italy)
The main objective of the project is to motivate the whole community to adopt a caring approach towards its elderly residents and to improve the overall quality of their life.
The project has 2 main target groups:
· elderly people from all sectors of the community, including those suffering from disadvantaged situations or from mild dementia,
· children from secondary schools.
The older people involved in the project activities will share with children their life stories on specific blogs. Younger people will be “paired” with adults under trainer’s supervision and will enable the seniors to gain new skills (surfing Internet, writing e-mails and on a blog, chatting, playing games). Interaction between adults and youngsters will be focused on specific topics (i.e. places, schools, historical diets, former jobs, health and safety procedures/measures used in the past and those used nowadays). Thanks to this exchange, adults will gain IT skills, confidence and self-esteem, while younger people will enrich their knowledge about the history and the social changes in their community.
This project will concentrate on dual course. First, during project meetings (5) and study visits partners will listen to the presentations and collect good practices and methodologies of e-learning in educational institutions for senior citizens to make a synthesis accordingly to project objectives. Secondly, each partner will recruit up to 10 representatives of each target group - seniors and young people (10+10) - put them in pairs and implement the methodology for e-learning elaborated by an external expert. Finally these active target groups (from each project partner) will establish Internet contacts through chat and e-mailing.
The direct results of the project in soft context according to a general aim:
• Creation a collaborative e-learning environment where all the learners (elderly and young) can acquire and improve their digital skills, and to seek the innovations and best practices by the means of e-Learning and digital communication.
...and according to the objectives:
• motivation of the whole community to adopt a caring approach to its elderly residents and improving, as a result, the overall quality of their life
• change the roles in the learning process between elderly and younger people
• identification of the needs of elderly people in order to enable them the participation in the evolving Digital or information society and definition of appropriate ways to meet these needs.
The approach will concern the organization of 5 international partner meetings including the following activities:
• Exchanges of experiences and good practices of each partner (study visits, professional workshops, meetings with target groups)
• Workshops with organizations (concentrating mainly on target groups) belonging to the network of every partner of the project
• Synthesis of the meetings and writing of a short methodology of e- Learning
• Change of own practice and to seek to integrate the acquired knowledge into the practice of own institutions or organization
• Disseminate of examples of best practice.