MEETING MINUTES. NOVEMBER, THE 27TH. 2012. MÁLAGA. OUTDOOR ICT
Start time 16.30. Architecture School UMA
1) Organizing ICT related outdoor activities at local and transnational level – local activities description (all partners)
2) The Outdoor ICT “electronic handbook”: layout and contents. Suggested contents:
- practical explanations
- results (questionnaires, words from the students)
- Drafting the template for partners’ contribution
(Spanish partner and contribution from all partners)
3) Next meeting in Evora (Portugal). 4-7th. Feb. 12.
4) Evaluation and Certificates
1) Organizing ICT related outdoor activities
Each country explains the development and planning of activities:
They have prepared two courses. One is next week and the other in December
Structure of the course that have been taken place:
-3 days: 3/4 hours each day, one day in the computer room for training and explaining about geocaching and the other days outside.
- Lesson in different days: Friday and Saturday, and other courses two Saturdays. Some people prefer making the activities during the weekends and other during the week.
-They have used smarts phones and GPS devices.
- They are going to organize another course in January and in March.
- In total: 5 courses.
- 10 people per course. They had 3 devices, so no more than 10 people was available suitable.
They are planning seminars and courses of 6-8 hours. They are planning to teach Google maps, etc. At the moment, the target group is low. That’s the reason why they are planning to make a brochure and a questionnaire.
They have organized a course and are preparing the second edition. They have worked above all with Google maps. Now they are working for creating the second edition. They have prepared brochure and leaflet and dissemination.
They say that they have to disseminate more. They have paper support for the project.
The courses are going to be developed with tablet. Tomorrow they have another course to organize.
France suggests to Turkey to put the logo of longlife learning in facebook and more changes (for instance) categorization of the website.
Austria warns that in everything that is published for the project must be visible all the logos: in leaflet, brochure, webs, etc...
In spring they are going to organize the second edition of the course. The first one was in May. Public meeting June and July.
They are going to repeat the course they organized last year in the city center.
The last course was very successful: first part in the lab and then the outside session (10 people).
About dissemination, in the next months there are going to take place two conferences: one in Portugal and one in Belgium, and the Spanish team would like to go there and show some presentation about what they are working with OUTDOOR ICT.
AUSTRIA: geogames. They have asked for supporting to teach in schools on Geocaching. She suggests making this also in Spain: didactical methods in this sector. Austria will bring to next meeting the box with all the material that have for this geogames in schools: dvd, leaftlets, cds, etc.
Italy informs that dissemination is important and will show everything in the final report.
Continuation of the project? They have to talk about that later or in other meeting.
Austria shows a Power Point presentation with all the courses they made
2) The Outdoor ICT “electronic handbook”: layout and contents
The Spanish team shows the scripts, ideas about the handbook, about the chapters, etc. to discuss about it.
They insist that the main idea of the handbook is to show why we think ICT is important and how we can help or teach people to use it. So this publication should have a theoretical and a practical part.
The title and index of the handbook will be as follows (draft):
GEOGRAPHICAL AND ORIENTATION SKILLS FOR PEOPLE IN LATER LIFE
1. INTRODUCTION (Universitá delle LiberÉta) (General context, objectives and partners of the partnership)
2. GEOGRAPHICAL LOCALIZATION. EDUCATIONAL ISSUES FOR PEOPLE IN LATER LIFE (University of Málaga) (teotherical concepts in the framework of geographical localization: coordinates, GPS system, technical utilities and apps for adult trainees,...)
3. GEOCACHING. A WORLD OF POSSIBILITIES FOR PEOPLE IN LATER LIFE (Edirne Tourism and Hospitality Vocational High School and Kärtner VHS) (What is Geocaching?, objectives, main features, history, aims, possibilities for people in later life)
4. THE STATE OF THE ART: AN APPROACH FROM DIFFERENT EUROPEAN COUNTRIES (all partners summarized by Kärtner VHS) (already done)
5. GEOGRAPHICAL LOCALIZATION AND ADULT TEACHING. SOME PRACTICAL EXPERIENCES (Practical recommendations, methodologies and resources carried out and developed for the different transnational meetings and/or other interesting iniciativies)
1.1. ORIENTATION IN THE NATURE. PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND SPATIAL SKILLS FOR ADULTS (Turkey)
1.2. GEOGRAPHICAL SKILLS AND CITIZEN ENPOWDERMENT BY THE WEB 2.0. THE CASE OF UDINE MUNICIPALITY (Italy). The italian team says that they have to think about the topic to be written about carefully
1.3. GEOMEDIA ADN CULTURAL HERITAGE. A WALK TROUGH THE HISTORICAL CENTER OF PARIS (LE MARAIS) (France)
1.4. SPATIAL SKILLS FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF THE QUALITY OF LIFE OF SENIORS (Spain)
1.5. PROMOTING HEALTHY LIFE STYLES BY PREPARING OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES (Portugal)
1.6. GEOCACHING IN CARINTHIA (Austria)
NEXT STEPS ABOUT THE HANDBOOK:
- Length for each chapter: 7 - 12 pages (5 - 10 for subchapters in chapter 5)
- Deadline for first drafts? Evora (February 2013). Final deadline? June, before the final meeting. The final version will be presented in the last meeting (Carinthia).
- The chapter 4 will be sent to everybody as example before Christmas. It is neccesary to follow the same format like in the sent text: type and size of letter, space among lines, features of headlines, etc.
- Where to be edited? External funding: University of Málaga, Udine Municipality, etc.? To have in mind for next meetings. Some ideas: in pen-drives, in CDs, printable version, with ISBN.
3) Next meeting in Evora (Portugal). 4-7th. Feb. 12
Next meeting Evora: Confirmed 4th. -7th. February. Every country will have to confirm the total number of visitors to Portugal before Christmas to organized hotels and everything.
In Evora, Italy suggest to discuss more about dissemination. A template for everyone to write the disseminations.
He meeting finished at 18.00 hour.