Project: SINDI- Social Inclusion through
Digital Skills and Intergenerational Learning
Duration: 24 months (from 01/09/2017 to 31/08/2019)
Coordinator: Malpils novada dome – Municipal council of Malpils (Latvia)
Fundacja Badz Aktywny (Poland)
Land Niederosterreich Landwirtschaftliche Fachschule Poysdorf (Austria)
Objectives: To promote social inclusion and seniors’ motivation through innovative integrated approaches like intergenerational learning on a local, regional and international level. The aim is to increase the level of seniors’ digital competences promoting innovative methods of digital skills teaching, developing and disseminating learning materials and tools transferable also in other European countries. To use the energy, skills, patience and availability of young digital native volunteers in order to teach adult learners in a most powerful and effective way- including major learning in minimal timeframes. To foster professional development of educators especially in dealing with senior learners and persons with socially and economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Target Groups: Adult learners/seniors, adult educators and young people who are ready to be involved on voluntary basis in seniors ‘education. The learners will have the opportunity to learn new IT skills and improve their self esteem in an active and international environment through the internet. The adult educators will have the opportunity to share good practice on methods and forms of adult teaching.
Indirect target groups: Local communities, caregivers, healthcare professionals, social centers, public and private organizations.
· Digital skills courses for seniors leaded by young volunteers and supported by professional adults’ educators. Each learner will be assigned their own individual tutor to work with them at their pace. Each partner will organize at least 4 such international digital skills learning sessions
· The analysis of the existing situation in every country, preparation of information for the partners. Dissemination of the information in local society
· Regular cooperation activities with local stakeholders
· Joint workshops for adult and young people focusing on the use of digital tools
· Local info sessions to disseminate project results and to involve relevant stakeholder. E-newsletter and web documentary
· Creation of a local platform and database with the associated partners in all countries as a way to promote future country at an European level
· Creation of dissemination material