LEONARDO project « Connect With Ict » 2011
Coordinator: Pendik Belediyesi Sosyal Yardim Isleri Müdürlügü Turkey
|Amalgama Information Management Ltd||Cyprus|
|STARGARDZKA SZKOLA WYZSZA STARGARDINUM||Poland|
|PROSPECTIVA Y ANALISIS CONSULTORES S.L.||Spain|
|Istituto per la Ricerca, la Formazione e la Riabilitazione||Italy|
Information and communication technologies (ICT) that combined with proper methodologies, can offer individuals the ability to compensate for physical or functional limitations, thus allowing them to enhance their social and economic integration in communities by enlarging the scope of activities available to them.
With over 10% of the world's population suffering from a variety of disabilities, information and communication technologies (ICT) have potential for making significant improvements in the lives of these persons.
"Connect with ICT" consortium will actively research a definite set of guiding principles relating to information and communication technologies and accessibility for disabled older people. Partnership is seeking to realize full potential of ICT for physically disabled seniors and promote education and information by collaborate among partner organizations. Partnership will also establish strong ties with public and private organisations around Europe that will help us to identify existing barriers which disabled older people encounter when using ICT.
D.3. PROJECT OBJECTIVES AND STRATEGY
Main objectives of "Connect with ICT" project are:
- to make physicaly disabled older people life in modern information world easier and more comfortable.
- to help senior with disabilities to communicate more easily and effectively through technology.
- to improve the access of physically disabled older people to vocational education and training.
- to promote collaboration among associations, local authority, industrial chamber, university, training institutions and organizations devoted to support physically disabled people.
- to care elders by fighting against senior isolation.
- to open new horizons for the efficient use of free time.
"Connect with ICT" project will intended to support development of IT based qualifications for senior people with physically disabilities.
Strengthening participant's self-confidence and promoting their personal fulfillment will be gained by helping them to develop social and cultural competencies.
Project cooperation among associations, local authority, industrial chamber and rehabilitation center will enhance the governance and attractiveness of VET systems through increased cooperation with social partners and all relevant stakeholders for developing the quality and attractiveness of VET systems and practices.
Strengthening the communication between VET professionals and working life (enterprises and occupational sectors) will take into develop skills and competencies of VET and guidance professionals.
To support close links to working life, project will foster the integration of learning with working life by promoting computer based training and apprenticeship pathways as a basis for development of vocational skills.
Pilot practical ICT training will integrated older people with physically disabilities on the social life by developing their computer-related skills and competencies.
D.4. RESULTS AND OUTCOMES
E-learning module with practical exercises "Basic Digital Competence"
E-learning web platform
Handbook about access to e-learning web platform
Support manual for ICT trainers concerning disability issues
Video about computer stories of participant seniors
TV, radio and internet program records as dissemination activities
Published articles at web sites, magazines and newspapers
G. 2 WORK PROGRAMME
- Presentation of each participating institutions
- Define tasks of the partners in the project
- Describe previous experience and resulting problems
- Defining common terminology and common aims
Central management meeting-1|
- Share information about local target groups
- Discuss possible effects of applied training methods
- Exchange of ideas for web platform
Central management meeting-2|
- Comparison of experiences and results of adopting e-platform
- Presentation of a trial course for physically disabled seniors
- Suggestions and ideas concerning new courses
- Define needs of learners for ICT training
Midterm evaluation meeting|
- Discuss effectiveness and problems in ICT pilot training
- Conclusions and results from performed activities for local target groups
- Gather information for tentative evaluation
Central management meeting-3|
- Presentation of published materials
- Discuss about valorization and dissemination activities
Central management meeting-4|
- Presentation of valorization and dissemination activities
- Study visit to senior clubs
Final determination meeting|
- Discuss conclusions
- Prepare final report of project
- Suggestions and ideas concerning sustainability
- Work out new strategies and partnership